Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Hate the Tampa Bay Rays

Here I am, watching the Jays game, and it has dawned on me; I hate a professional team more then the Boston Red Sox.

I can't stand Tampa Bay, for so many reasons.

You may ask - Why, Mr. Joshua Henry, do you hate them so much. Well folks, it's their fans. Finally after years of totally sucking, the Rays have somehow put together a solid season. So solid, that it is August 26th, and they are in 1st place in the AL East. However, Tropicana Field remains empty as can be.

As I am watching right now, I can here those horns that you hear at CFL games going off, and some dude with somesort of noise-maker in the background, and of course their terrible stadium announcer.

Add is the fact that their pitching is worse then the Jays, and their offence is only slightly better, but the team is still somehow in first place - it just makes me more irate.

On a side note (Jays related) - Scotty Rolen was activated from the DL. He should be getting the start on Thursday. Hopefully this means we will see less of John McDonald the rest of the way.

Mac Watch - August OPS is now under .599

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably too many retirees in Tampa for them to have good attendance. Over/under on how many years until the Rays are moved?

The Jays Man said...

Under 15 years I say...