Saturday, July 5, 2008

Welcome to My Blog

Good afternoon all - This is my first blog!

I am very excited to share my opinions and views on my favorite sports team of all time, the Toronto Blue Jays.

I have been a fan literally since birth, however my first real memories of the Jays are of the good old days with the electric outfield that consisted of Jesse Barfield, LLoyd Moseby, and George (Jorge) Bell. In a nutshell I have and always will have a great passion for the Jays.

I look forward to reading your feedback on my posts/blogs.

Thanks!!

2 comments:

Blaine said...

Mr. Henry,

I too am a Jays fan, although the past few years I have not paid much attention due to thinking they do not have much chance to make the playoffs. In your opinion, should the Jays try to focus on drafting, trading for and signing young prospects cheap and hoping they pan out before leaving for greener , or should they continue to spend on a few high priced veterans in hopes of masking deficiencies elsewhere on the team? My thoughts are it needs to be one of the above due to them not hving the funds the Yankees and Red Sox do.

Sincerely,

BHB (Blaine Harvey Bouchard or Blaine Hits Bombs)

The Jays Man said...

Thanks for the post blaine,

The Jays are currently in a very tough position. They are basically in limbo right now.

As long as JP Riccardi remains the GM of this team it will not re-build. In my opinion Riccardi does not have that option. His job is on the line, so he personally needs to win now to remain employed.

If JP is removed from the organization we may see a re-build start. However with that said, currently the Jays have limited resources in the minor leagues. So a re-build would be a 4-5 year process, which unfortunately could mean trading away Roy Halladay. Halladay is a special player. Contending teams would be willing to unload the farm to obtain his talent.

Personally I believe the re-build should start ASAP, but it will be a shame to see The Doctor move on.