Thursday, July 31, 2008

Time to Play GM - Deadline Approaches

We are about 5 hours away from the trading deadline and J.P Riccardi is no where to be found.

As we all know, the Blue Jays season was lost over a month ago. Jays upper management should be actively looking to move some of the aging talent.

There have been rumours that Gregg Zaun may be on the move to Florida, but as of right now nothing has happened. If I was the Jays GM I would be inclined to move; Zaun or Barajas, Eckstein, Stairs, Jonny Mac and maybe even Marco Scutaro. None of these players are in the long-term plans and with the season gone, they should be moved even if it just for cash considerations or a PTBNL.

A.J Burnett is the wild card for the Jays. It seems that interest has been slim to none for Burnett. Also, I am now reading that they Jays are considering re-working his contract to keep him for the long-term. I am not totally against that option, but I still believe if a trade can be made that would bring in prime prospects, it must be done.

Gord Ash had the gull to drop big name talent when he was GM. Will JP? I personally doubt it.

No comments: