Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Adam Lind Making JP Look Like a Donkey

I get a little more excited everytime Adam Lind gets an RBI, a run, or a even a infield single. Not because I think he is going to spark the turn-around in the Jays 2008 season. Not because he has quickly become one of my favorite Jays, and not because I think he has great potential. I get a kick out of it because it makes JP Riccardi look worse and worse.

It is well known that Cito Gaston was the one who demanded the recall of Lind, not the individual who is supposed to be responsible for these types of actions, Mr. Riccardi.

Since his recall in late June Lind has posted these numbers:

79 AB, 23 hits, 5 2B, 13 RS, 5 HR, 22 RBI, 327 AVG

I thought JP was supposed to be this talent evaluator guru? If so, why was he blocking Lind?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone read this blog? It's half-decent

The Jays Man said...

Half-decent eh? I don't know if that is a compliment or not.

The blog was started only a couple weeks ago.

Blaine said...

Are there any other assets in the minors you feel are being wasted right now? Seems to me if JP thought Lind wasn't good enough to call up, there could be more like him in Syracuse who should come up now to get big league playing time. Season is pretty much done as far as playoffs are concerned so now's the time.

The Jays Man said...

Well there may be a lot of room to bring up some players after the trading deadline. That is of course if JP does the right thing and trades away some of the aging talent (Zaun, Barajas, Eckstein, Stairs)

Some players that I would want to take a good look at are;

Robinzon Diaz from AAA
Travis Snider from AA

The Jays have a pretty weak farm-system, so it is pretty tough to judge at this point.