Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Chicks Dig the Longball


I was thinking with all the power the likes of Aaron Hill and Marco Scutaro have been showing; who will lead this team in homeruns this season?

In my opinion Snider will struggle for a long period of time at one point in this season. He is just a rookie - Combine that with the fact that he will receive limited at-bats vs. left handed pitchers. I see him finishing the season with 15-19 homeruns. I know those comments will ruffle some feathers because he is the sexy choice amongst young Jays fans, but we have to be careful with Snider. He is a big part of our team moving forward.
Adam Lind is the wild-card regarding homeruns - This kid is very strong and when he makes contact he hits bombs. I can see him hitting 20-22 homeruns.
Hopefully Rolen and Overbay can hit in the 14-18 homerun range. Anything higher then that will be a real bonus. I am not going to guess how many Hill may hit because honestly I think his range is from 5-25.

However the million dollar man Vernon Wells is the likely favorite to lead this team in homeruns (probably the 25-30 range if he stays healthy), while Rios is proving himself to be a non-factor.


No comments: