Saturday, August 15, 2009

Alex Rios Gone - Direction?


Sorry for the lack of posts -- I have been on "vacation" the last week or so... and what a week it was in Jays land.

Obviously first and foremost the Jays dumped the chosen one by sending Alex Rios to the White Sox for a ball of bags (actually less then that!). Perhaps JP and the rest of the Jays upper management have been reading my blog. Is this an indicator that the Jays may actually be looking to rebuild properly? I am likely just dreaming, eh? This more realistically means that Jays ownership is trying to restructure payroll (aka - lowering it) moving forward.

I haven't given up all hope in Rogers Corp. quite yet. I mean they have increased payroll in the past, and have previously allowed JP to go out and buy players. I guess only time will tell.

For what it's worth Rios has gone 3 for 15 with an error since joining the White Sox. Personally I was never huge fan of Rios, so I will go on record and say I agree with this move. In my opinion his career .785OPS is not worth $60 million. Also rumour has it that some Jays players are starting to speak out and implying that Rios doesn't put in 100% effort day in and day out.

Secondly every-ones favorite cowboy Kevin Millar has decided to back to his old number 15. Rios was wearing that number...

Go Jays.

No comments: