Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just over 24 hours left to go and all is quiet in Jays land - Status Quo Moving forward?

Well folks here we are - Just over 24 hours until the trade deadline.

The Jays are currently 4 games under .500 and have played a wicked awesome 17 games under .500 since their hot start. Maybe I am straying away from my own advice and not thinking rationally right now, but I am getting a little nervous that upper management might think that this is the team we should have moving forward.

In other words, is the Jays brass considering remaining status quo?

Can they really believe that staying with the same team that finished 4th last year, will finish 4th again this year, and likely 4th again next year is the right thing to do? I sure hope not.

We have so many moveable pieces right now, led by of course Roy Halladay. If done properly we can expedite a true rebuild if we move some (if not most) of the players we have on the current Major League team. I already listed the group that can be moved, but as we get closer to the deadline I am really starting to get worried.

I expected some moves by now. What is going on here?

No comments: