Saturday, September 6, 2008

Random Saturday Thoughts

I went to the game today - It was the 10th or so Jays game I have been this season. I have to admit, I felt good for Zaunie after he hit that walk-off g-slam in the 13th inning. He has gone through a lot this season, which includes very limited playing time. So again, it was nice to see him get that hit.

The atmosphere at the Dome in my oipinon is getting progressively better. Perhaps it's because I normally only go on Saturday's and Sunday's, but it seems that more and more young people are going to the games, which by default makes it a much more pleasent place to see a game.

Also, who are these masked men playing in Jays uniforms, and where were they 3 months ago?

After beating Tampa Bay (I hate the Rays), the Jays bring their win streak to an impressive 7 in a row. However this run pretty much proves that you need to be in contention in June to actually be in the race in September. In reality the team hasn't made up much ground on the leaders during this streak.

Ah well, it gives me hope for next year I guess. However, let's get serious here, I say that every year.

Also, I gotta give props to Lyle Overbay. Another Jay who has faced his fair share of criticism this season. After today's game somehow he now has the second most homeruns (14) on the team.

No comments: